rss
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Angels from Heaven - I Want that Job!

Tonight my mind is dwelling on the angels that took part in the Christmas story. Here, read so we are on the same page:

Luke 2:8
And in the same region there were shepherds out in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.
9 And an angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were filled with fear.10 And the angel said to them, Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people.11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.12 And this will be a sign for you: you will find a baby wrapped in swaddling cloths and lying in a manger.13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying,

14
Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace among those with whom he is pleased!

Tonight I am pondering what it must have been like to be in the angel detail that was assigned to sing for the shepherds. It was the first big announcement of the Messiah's birth - that's pretty big! I don't think any birth announcement has compared since that time. I am sure the angels thought their announcement a lot more fitting than God's choice of birth places for His Son.

So it says that a multitude of angels appeared to the shepherds. I'm not sure what a multitude is in bible terms, but I know it was a lot. No wonder the poor shepherd's were afraid! But what a choir! I don't think you could put a price tag on that front row seat.

Then it dawned on me, the angels were doing what they always did, what they were made to do. They were worshiping the Lord. Sounds familiar, since that is what we were made to do as well. And when I really think about it, I want to worship just like they did, proclaiming God's glory to all who would hear, no matter the number.

I get to join them some day, as will those who know Jesus. What a day that will be, when we step into an eternity of nothing but worship. Makes me a little giddy just thinking about it. But until that day, I choose to worship every day, with all that I am. Join me, won't you?

2 comments:

Sthompson said...

I love your blog and try to read each entry. You are inspiring and I want to thank you for it.

Tamra said...

Jan, thanks for sharing again. I look forward to the day when I am amongst the angels and we are all singing. I absolutely love music. I love how the lyrics of a song can speak for so many people all over the world. Also, the beautiful sound created through so many instruments just blows my mind. Unfortunately, here in this earthly body I wasn't given the gift of a good voice. That's why I enjoy being on the tech team. It is the best way that I can help all of you and be apart of the blessing of music for everyone else. Hopefully, in eternity we will all be so blessed with the gift of a beautiful voice!

Post a Comment