rss
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Holiday Health Challenge Update #2

10 days out from Christmas and I thought it was about time to update again on my Holiday Health Challenge. I must say that doing this challenge is not having the out come I expected, so here goes...

On the spiritual front, I find myself NOT hating Christmas this year. YEA! I actually caught myself thinking about all the wonderful things I can get on the 26th to decorate for next year, after it all goes on 75% off! My Christmas decor leaves MUCH to be desired. It is about as old as my oldest child and not at all reflective of who I am any more. I did manage to freshen up the look of the front door yesterday evening with a 50% off purchase at Hobby Lobby. Unfortunately, not before one of my decorating muses dropped by unexpectedly to drop off some Christmas goodies. I just now thought of how embarrassed I am the she saw that nasty old wreath on my front door! YUCK!
True to the challenge, I have been immersing myself in the various aspects of the Christmas story and I really think that has been the key. Remembering the "why" that causes me to do the "what". So, Yea! for that.

Relational is a little bit more tricky. We have managed to have one real live grown up date in the last 2 weeks, which is really good. But date days have gone all to - you know where. It seems the last 2 Tuesdays have been filled with things that take us in opposite directions. I guess there is always next week to look forward to. Christmas Shopping! (no i am not done. ugh!)
On the bright side, I will get to spend some quality time with my oldest, Lauren, as I play nurse after her knee surgery. Working from home is the best!

Health... well - I think is going OK, although I have not been walking like I would like to do. It has been cold and other things seem to have crept up the priority list. (Sorry Holly!) I am hoping, however, that Friday can return to a more normal schedule now that festival is done and surgery will be past. I am happy that I have not managed to gain any "holiday weight" thus far. I am actually down a couple of pounds. Not the 5 I was hoping for, but the season is not over yet. I feel like I have been drinking more water (probably due to having it around during festival for everyone else) so that is another plus. It's not that I don't like water, I just forget to drink it unless it is in front of me.
I will admit to drinking entirely to much DP (yes, there is such a thing as to much) last week, but that and coffee are about the only things that gave me the energy to stay awake all week.

So, all in all - I think it is going well. If you have taken the challenge - how are you doing? post you blog or update link in the comments section so I can see your progress and cheer you on!

10 days to Christmas. YEA!

1 comments:

Holly (me.) said...

Funny how the goals are yielding to meet the realities of this busy Season. Flexibility is good, yes?

Post a Comment