rss
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Solitude and Fresh Eyes

Going on a "working vacation" with your husband who works 50 hours during the  week and without your kids leaves a bit of alone time. I must admit that after 20 years of having children, I had forgotten what alone time was like. And I was not crazy thinking about having 7 days of it. But now that the time is drawing to an end, I have appreciated being thrust into it kicking and screaming. I believe God has spoken to me during this time and for that I am deeply grateful. 

Today, as I am working on the creative stuff for our fall series at church, I came across an email from Bob, who suggested a song for that series. I was familiar with the song but had not heard it in 20 years or so. As I looked it up on Youtube and began to listen - tears welled up in my eyes as the words sunk in deeply to my heart. 

I tend to go through my day, week, month year with not near enough thought to the enormity of the God I serve. The Jesus I am so in love with. The Holy Spirit that moves me.  I believe that the trinity of God, 3 in 1, become so familiar that I just get way to comfortable and begin to take Him for granted. 

While I believe like Abraham that we can be called the friend of God (James 2:23), God is also to be treated with awe and a holy fear. (Psalm 25:14)
While Jesus called the little children to his knee (Matthew 19:13), he also threw the money changers from the temple with a righteous anger. (John 2:13-15)
While the Holy Spirit is in us (1 Cor. 6:19), we are not to grieve Him, which I am sure I do without thinking on a daily basis. (Eph. 4:30)

So today, I listened to this songs with open ears and a tender heart and asked that God would reveal Himself to me in a new and amazing way. I hope He will do the same for you. What a MIGHTY GOD I serve. If you don't know Him, send me a message - i would be more than happy to introduce you!!

The Lion and the Lamb (you can listen here)

Who is He...The mightiest of all
Who is He...Creation trembles at His call
Who is He...The lowly sacrifice, who paid a victims price
His name is Jesus

Jesus...From the Father's own right hand
Jesus...Son of God and son of man
Jesus...Who died and rose again
Jesus...He's the Lion and the Lamb

Who is He...With the power none can tame
Who is He...That every foe would fear his name
Who is he...Who was humbly led away, to suffer that dark day
His name is Jesus

He's the lion and the lamb

He's the Lamb that was slain
He's the Lion that reigns
My Savior and King both the same

Who is He...With the eyes that burn like fire
Who is He...Oh the wonder He inspires
Who is He...Who bore the guilt and shame
For those who've gone astray
His name is Jesus

0 comments:

Post a Comment