rss
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Feasting in Arizona

I have a love/hate relationship with food. I love to eat it but hate to see the scale go up after I have consumed what I probably should not have. Vacations especially seem to exacerbate this issue. Not having to cook is a huge plus, but being in a hotel room where there is not refrigerator to store the "dogie bag" with the lefts overs kind of makes me want to clean my plate. (I am a bit scared to get on the scale when I return.)

Today alone I have been overtaken by the goodness of In-N-Out burger, which in my humble opinion is one of the greatest burgers known to man, AND my new found dessert love - a chocolate chocolate chip cake from a bakery called Nothing Bundt Cakes. You should totally look it up!!! Feast your eyes on the yumminess!

So it started my mind thinking about how many times I get wrapped up with the things of this earth that I think can not be topped and forget how much better the things God has waiting for me in heaven are. While I hope and pray there is an In-N-Out as well as a Nothing Bundt Cakes right down the golden street from my mansion in heaven, I know that the food at the wedding feast of the lamb will be so much more than my mind can even grasp. Why do I keep fixating on what can never satisfy me? How we should all long for the day that everything on earth will be eclipsed by His glory and nothing else will matter. Not even a burger and cake!

And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away. And he who was seated on the throne said, Behold, I am making all things new. Also he said, Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true. Revelation 21:3-5

1 comments:

Laura Adams said...

Just read a chapter of a book today for a class in regards to self control. Yep for me carbs and sugar cannot top God but it temps me every day. Self control is a learned habit. My prayer is that I will be annointed with more self control from my Lord and Saviour.

Post a Comment