rss
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites

Friday, July 2, 2010

Holy Discontent Wk. 7

OK - to start off I have to say that I had to skip our meeting this week due to a rehearsal so what I will write is purely from my reading, not the great conversation that I am sure occurred. So here we go...

This week focused on fanning the flame of your HD. One of the first things that jumped off the page to me was this - ...when a person is gripped by a powerful passion (or driven by a holy discontent), he or she literally enters into a completely different state of mind; in fact, they shift mental gears altogether and begin operating on an entirely new level.

To paraphrase much of the chapter, it is basically saying that if you are driven and passionate about your HD, it will demand that you pursue it with all you have got and if you don't it will eat you alive.

I can identify with that! It seems that the more I surrender to what God is stirring in me, the more passionate I get about it. One line I love in the book says "you could wake up one day and find yourself relocated to a place I've started to call life's "lunatic fringe," - I resemble that remark! I feel like some people look at me like I am a lunatic when I start going off about my HD. Can't help it! Sorry!!

Hybles also talks about moving from your "normal state" into the "fundamental state" (the place where you live and breathe your HD). He says that people will start to become attracted to the "thing" that you have, that passion. It becomes contagious and  you move to a place of "magnetic living." People will catch the fever and want to come along. 

It seems that maybe, that is how God intended it to be. When you are full of a passion HE fuels in your life and you exude it everywhere you go to everyone you come in contact with, people see you as different. People living in the mundane "normal state" long to move into that passionate "fundamental state" and have purpose in their lives. I think God furthers His mission in this way, through us. 

So, are you fueled up? Is passion oozing from your pores? If so, leave a comment and tell me all about it!

One more week left in the book. I bet it ends with a bang!

0 comments:

Post a Comment