rss
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites

Thursday, July 9, 2009

No more dry bones!

Well, after great anticipation, I had my first Soul Creative video conference today. Whoop! I feel truly blessed (and out of my league) to be in with a group like this. I am the only girl :o) and the only "non-media" creative in the bunch. So, it should prove to be very interesting. Already I can tell this is a group of people that I could easliy have lasting relationship with and learn much from.

Today we talked about God as the Creator. Not a concept I have difficultly wrapping my mind around, but I know some really struggle with remembering that part of Him. We tend to focus on Jesus as Savior and not marvel at His creation or creativity. And, being made in His image - our own creativity. If God created me in His image and he can make all the I can see (and not see) so beautifully and intricately, what can I do with what He has put in me? A bit of a daunting thought. Further more, what if I am not using what He gave me to it's fullest potential?

I feel compelled to ask the question, "God, what more do you have for me? What more do can I do with what I have been given?" Am I asking often enough? Am I stopping to listen for the answer? Probably not, but that is something I intend to change.

If there is one thing that comes form this group, I hope it is that I am confronted more often by them, and you, about pressing in and going for what God has called me to. I don't want anyone to ever be able to say about me that I could have done more or should have done more.

Here I am God! Use me! Make me in to the creative catalyst you have designed me to be. Keep me strong and bold for YOUR glory and fame!

Now, what are you going to do with what He has given you? Feel free to post your thoughts or comments. ;o)

2 comments:

Tamra said...

I'm glad you hit it off with your group. Raegan (my daughter) frequently gives thanks to God for being a creator. She'll list some things, thanking him for creating each one and then, as if her mind is overflowing, she'll "thanks for being creative." I've heard her say that so many times but every time she does I'm caught off guard. It is such an awesome detail about God that we easily forget. Good luck finding out just how creative he made you!!

swirlygirly said...

I have tried to stay on the fridge of blogs for the better part of their existence. However, you and a few of my other creative friends often draw me in. Great post, Jan, and really awesome timing for me. If you recall what I told you yesterday, you know where I am at... so, there ya go! I KNOW I am not using what The Creator has given me to its fullest... but how do I fix that? The answer has not come to me in a focused picture... I see parts of it, but then I become filled with doubt and become discouraged. I desperately need focus and clarity... and for someone with ADD, this is a lot to muster! "Help me, God... show me the way and bring people into my life who can guide me. AMEN."

Post a Comment