rss
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites

Monday, August 17, 2009

Disturb & Disrupt

Not words you normally like to hear, but those are the words we heard on our second Creative Coaching call with Carlos Whittaker. Our goal this month is to get us out of our creative comfort zone and challenge us to dabble in a creative realm that we are not proficient in. In my group, the disruptions of Carlos' choice were Ballroom Dancing, Photography, Illusions (magic tricks) and Video production. I must say - I think I got the short end of the stick on this one, drawing the video production card.

So, I am in need of you help. My assignment over the next 4 weeks is to write, produce and show (probably not the correct terminology) a 5 minute short film with a min. of 3 actors and 2 camera angles. Other than that, the sky is the limit. My issue is not seeing this project in my mind, it is the practical part of actually doing this! Other than giving my opinion on shoots and editing, and a little dabbling in imovie, I really have no idea how to pull this off.

If you have any time to lend your expertise in any of these areas (writing, acting, production, etc.) and would like to do a little creative collaborating - please let me know. The thought of this project is a little daunting, but I am excited about what could be at the other end of the process.

Remember, if you are a creative - disturb and disrupt to get out of your "normal" and enter the next level. Go do something that inspires you today!

3 comments:

mrs bradley said...

Heck, I need to take time to THINK about my creativity these days, and also to RE think. I love this post. I'm no actor, but I'm glad to help you. Then again, maybe that would take ME out of my box? Let me know if I can help you.

mrs bradley said...

oops, I messed up that one. See, I'm reading them all! Re-think belongs below.

Unknown said...

Jan, just discovered your blog. I guess I don't read my wife's blogroll much! Interesting project you have going. Can the 'actors' be non-human, say, plants, animals, etc? Just trying to think outside the box here.

Post a Comment