rss
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Life is short

Well, today, as with many days recently, I am reminded of how short life really is. It can be full one day and gone the next. One never knows when we will draw our final breath. So, knowing this, should it not motivate us to live like every day could be our last one? I know what you are thinking - that sounds so cliche! And you are right - it does. But it is also true.

I have come face to face with a dear friend's mortality, and thus am forced to look at my own. It makes me wonder if I am truly living each day as I should, as God is calling me to. What did I blow today? What did I miss today? What opportunities did I seize today? Did I love as deeply today as I could have? Did I laugh as much as I should have? Did I let the little things get to me and squeeze out the important ones? And then, after asking these questions and not being satisfied with the answers - what will I do with tomorrow?

My friend , you see, is going to meet Jesus soon. She will know and experience worship like we can not possibly fathom here on Earth. But while she is here, she is creating a legacy of faith that inspires so many. She inspires and challenges us to live like today could be our last. I believe that very soon, she will hear the words "Well done, good and faithful servant!" Then she will dance on the streets of gold, knowing the true meaning of worship.

Oh, how I long for that day. But until then, while I am here, I know that God has a plan laid out for me each and every day. I pray that I am diligent in seeking out that plan and living my life to the fullest for His glory, making His name famous and pointing people to Him, challenging them to do the same!

0 comments:

Post a Comment