rss
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Breath Taking

There are not many things in this world that are truly breath taking, and the ones that are - many times we are to busy to notice. This morning I had my breath taken away.


My normal schedule is to wake up and make lunch for the boy and then take him to school (usually still in my pajamas) a bit bleary eyed. This morning, both my young ones had to be to school early, so off went at the crack of dawn. I am not sure if it was because I was more alert this morning, already having showered for the day, or what exactly, but when we drove out of our neighborhood this morning I literally gasped when I saw the sunrise.


It was truly magnificent. This picture was taken a full 15 minutes after I originally saw it and it had changed significantly, but it is still awe-inspiring. I had my daughter turn around to look at it out the back window of the car and reminded her that we were given the gift of that sunrise this morning. 


The moment so touched me that I have thought most of the day about the creativity of my God and how each morning He paints the sky like a fresh canvas, never looking exactly like any other one and then repeats the same thing each evening. I wondered what the sunrise in Pakistan this morning looked like and in Saudi Arabia as I read my Facebook news feed and chatted with friends abroad. All unique and yet beautiful and breathing taking for those who were blessed enough to take notice.


These thoughts took my mind to the very first sunrise and sunset with only God there to enjoy His masterpieces. How breathtaking that must have been.


It saddens me to think how many of these gifts I have missed because I am to sleepy or to busy to notice. So this year of 2012 is devoted to not missing the breathtaking moments as often as I am blessed to catch them. To hearing the still small voice of the Great Creator beckoning me to stop and see what He made for me to discover each day. 


Happy New Year and here's to a year of catching awe-inspiring, breathtaking moments and being thankful for each and every one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful testimony! So often I open my curtains and witness what you have described, and at night, especially in the desert, God's artwork is magnificant.. On a recent trip to Nevada I was saddened that it was the day I had to come home, leave my grandchildren. I walked outside to the most beautiful sunrise, and I thanked God for letting me come and giving me such a beautiful day to leave, it was like saying, appreciate what you do not be saddened by what you cannot control.. I am glad others see these beauties as do I....

Amy M. said...

Thanks for sharing this. I,too, am reminded of God's power and faithfulness when I see His beautiful Creation, particularly sunrises and sunsets. It surprises me that there are people who don't believe in God when I consider the majesty that is constantly on display all around us in the world.

Post a Comment