rss
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites

Saturday, June 20, 2009

For H!

Accountability:
1. the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
2. Education. a policy of holding schools and teachers accountable for students' academic progress by linking such progress with funding for salaries, maintenance, etc.

I have had many "accountability partners" in my time, but none so faithful as my friend H. Some of you may be thinking, uugghh! Why would I want to be accountable to anyone for what I do or should be doing? I on the other hand actually appreciate this little group of 2 I have found myself in.

H has a special trait about her, a gift actually, that makes her the perfect accountability partner. She is kind and gentle and humorous, and yet gets the job done when it needs to be to hold me to the things I have said I would do. I think this is rare to find. In this day and age (I just sounded like my mother!), I feel like most of us, myself included, can get so self absorbed that we don't take time to think of those that are important in our lives, let alone check in to see if they are doing well on their goals and dreams. I know that this is an area I need improvement in for sure!

There are plenty of references in the Bible that warn us of trying to "do" the Christian life on our own. If left to ourselves, we will surly fail. But the whole iron sharpening iron thing is in there for a reason. (Prov. 27:17) I think it is an example biblical accountability. Making sure that our word is really our word. Something hard to find in most.

I would love to be known as someone that people can take at my word. And so, H is there to hold me to the things that I say and do. Kind of like my holy spirit with skin on.

Thank you H. I appreciate you more than you know!

1 comments:

swirlygirly said...

I need my own "H"... where do I find one? My eyes began filling with tears when I read this post. I get so preoccupied with daily BLAH that I feel like I am missing the whole thing sometimes. Though more awake then I have been for most of my adult life, I still remain more a skeleton then the light I want to be. I need my own"H"... where do I find one?

Post a Comment