rss
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites

Monday, October 25, 2010

Insert "Pithy" Title Here

Sorry folks, this morning I just don't seem to have wit flowing from my finger tips. I am just flat burdened! In my Bible reading this morning I read this:

The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest. Luke 10:2

I am reminded once again how desperately people we come in contact with every single day need Jesus! If I believe what I say I do, why I am so hesitant to share the only solution to life's issues that anyone will ever need?

The verse above says "laborers" are few - I guess that would mean it is not going to be easy. Labor is hard. 

But it also says that the harvest is plentiful! I saw this picture and think of row after row of wheat just waiting to be picked and used to feed people. What a brilliant picture Christ painted with that analogy - row and row of people waiting to be gathered into the Kingdom and used to feed others.

But I know that harvesting a field like this takes time and energy. If the worker chooses not to work in the field, the wheat will eventually die. The same goes for people, except it is eternity at stake. 

I believe that God has given us each a field to work in. He has entrusted it in to our care to care for and nurture so that the harvest can take place in the lives of those in our field. Do you know what your field is? What is it looking like? Healthy and well maintained, ready for harvest or sick and dying because you have not shared with it the nutrients it needs for eternal life.

Let me share with you a little bit about my field. A few years ago, God began to burden me with using my social media to witness to those I came in contact with. For the most part it has been done through the posting of spiritual thoughts and verses and hoping to spark some discussion or at least give people something to think about. 
More recently, he has seen fit to plant me smack in the middle of the field (more like a maze some days) to coordinate the launch of Christ Fellowship Online - an internet church. My hope and prayer is that the truth spoken will spread like wild fire to all those who are searching the internet daily for answers and finding only futility. 

I am not totally sure what I am doing at times (a tech head I am NOT), and when I step back and look at the size of this particular field I am easily overwhelmed by the work that is going to be involved - but only when I look at it through my own eyes. With Christ, all things are possible!

God has stirred the hearts of others who would come along side in this vast field and help with the labor, for which I am truly grateful, but more are needed. We need volunteers to make the internet church services "go" and we need people who are willing to share what God is doing with Christ Fellowship online with their friends who need Jesus. If you want to find out more about how you can  be part of the harvest in this field - shoot me a comment or email at jtouchberry@mcfbc.org.

Ask God where you are supposed to work today and go labor there. The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few!

0 comments:

Post a Comment