rss
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Just to Busy!

Just to busy! I say those words all to often. But in actually living them, how much do I miss? As a busy mom of 4 and wife and full time ministry gal - the word busy fits my life. I like my life busy. I find comfort in that busy place. In fact, I would go as far as to say, I don't know what to do with myself when I am not busy. Down time is not usually my friend. 

I am not saying that much will change in the near future. To many kids to taxi and functions to attend and things to create to reach people for Jesus. But I read a blog post from the amazing Los Whit that made me wonder how many small gifts from God I miss because I am not looking for them amid the busyness.

While washing the dishes, do I pay attention to the sweet interaction my children are having with each other? While driving yet again from here to there, do I see the amazing cloud formation or the sliver of a moon that God put in the sky to help me remember He is all around me? While planning yet another worship service, do I see the hand of God moving my fingers to type a particular name or moving my heart to a particular song? 

Repeat after me - "Today I will pay attention to the little gifts God gives me throughout the day that always lead me back to Him." (and then tomorrow and the next day and the next day and the next...) 

Notice, Marvel, Thank, Repeat. Notice, Marvel, Thank, Repeat. Notice, Marvel, Thank, Repeat. This is one OCD tendency I would like to nurture in myself.

How about you?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My sister actually schedules rest ... in a sabbath kind of way, she marks out time, devotes it to taking time out for nothing, and fully expects everyone around her to honor that time as if she was doing something others thought was more meaningful. My little sister is my rest hero, and I hope I be a little more like her in that regard.

Anonymous said...

Your absolutely right Jan. We fill our lives with all these activities to make us feel sucessful, good, needed. But we miss out the things God has for us because were just to focused on the daily tasks at hand. I too needed to understand that God will show me so.... much more good things in life if I slow done and let him. Then he can use me more.

Thanks for pointing that out. JS

Real Estate Stacy said...

Be still and Know that I am G-d! Love that scripture....

Post a Comment